FoodTok is at it again with a 1-ingredient crepe recipe. Quick and easy or too good to be true?
The TikTok video in question was published by professional chef Alfredo Vozmediano Romero who used to work at the restaurant where this 1-ingredient dish is served. Noma in Denmark is an innovative restaurant that prides itself in exploring what the natural world has to offer, and this recipe definitely falls into that category.
All you need is half a cup of full fat fresh milk making it the ideal recipe to use up leftover milk. The infamous crepe is full of flavour and tastes slightly nutty yet cheesy due to the caramelisation of the milk.
Sweet or savoury, this 1-ingredient recipe can be used for crepes, pancakes, or even taco shells thanks to its crisp texture.
How to make it
Serves: 1 | Total Time: 17 minutes
½ cup (125 ml) full-fat fresh milk
- Add ½ cup full-fat fresh milk to a non-stick frying pan.
- Heat the pan on high until the milk begins to bubble. Continue on high heat until the milk foams.
- Once the milk has foamed up to the edges of the pan and there is a thin skin coating, turn the heat to medium-low and leave to cook for about 15 minutes. Use a spatula to neaten the edges of the pan once the foam has settled to shape your crepe.
- After 15 minutes, the bottom of the crepe should be browned and no milk should bubble out when the edges of the crepe are lifted. Cook longer if milk bubbles out otherwise remove from the heat.
- Loosen the edges of the crepe gently to remove it from the pan.
- Best enjoyed soon with your choice of toppings.
Feature image: Unsplash