Keep your fur friends safe this festive season and avoid giving your doggos these 6 foods that are toxic to dogs.
- Stuffing is often made with loads of salt as well as onion and garlic – both of which are toxic to dogs.
- Mince pies often contain raisins, currants or sultanas, which are toxic to dogs – as are grapes in fresh form.
- Christmas cake is toxic to dogs too due to raisins, currants or sultanas. Nuts like macadamia nuts or chestnuts are also harmful to dogs.
- Blue cheeses due to the mould and fungus that can make your dog ill.
- Cooked bones splinter into shards and can cause your dog to choke and even harm their mouth or throat.
- Chocolate is toxic as it contains theobromine and caffeine, which they can’t process properly and can make them ill.
If you’re looking to spoil your fur baby these holidays, instead, look at making these carrot and peanut butter doggie treats.
Feature image: Canva